Is this okay for their calcium deficiency?

use crushed oyster shell if its available and cheaper. if not, feed the birds a wet mash of oatmeal-like consistency with 1% CaPhO3 stirred in.

Monitor the birds for 10 days, adjust up or down 0.5% as needed, go 10 days, adjust again till you get things dialed in to your flock's needs.

at least, that's how i would so it, but i'm not a vet, and we don't use much CaPhO3 here for backyard flicks.
Thank you so much for helping!

I am a student and feeding the flock CaPhO4 seems like a hefty job, in my life revolving around studies, and experimenting with them wouldn't make me feel so good because if something were to happen to them because of it, I'd feel horrible.
I suppose we'll return CaPhO4 and use just normal CaCO3 in a separate container. How much of crushed oyster shells should I add?

Thank you so much for helping!

I am a student and feeding the flock CaPhO4 seems like a hefty job, in my life revolving around studies, and experimenting with them wouldn't make me feel so good because if something were to happen to them because of it, I'd feel horrible.
I suppose we'll return CaPhO4 and use just normal CaCO3 in a separate container. How much of crushed oyster shells should I add?
Hens will take up the crushed oyster as they need it - just make sure there is some in a separate bowl for them. Your rooster will likely try it to - birds explore the world with their beaks. Don't panic, he'll quickly decide its not for him and ignore it after the first couple tries. No damage done

Back
Top Bottom