Is this pasty butt??

Then it's probably not urates (unless the white turns gritty after it dries a bit). Maybe it is a soft egg. I'd try the calcium for sure then and see what happens.
Okay if I do believe it’s urates what would be the treatment for that?

Okay if I do believe it’s urates what would be the treatment for that?
It could be vent gleet, which is basically a chicken yeast infection. First, I'd clean her up (which you already did). You can put yeast infection medicine (monistat, etc.) on her vent for several days until it clears up. Alternatively, you can get Medistatin (for pigeons/cage birds) online, add it to a TINY bit of water, and feed it to her according to package directions. And you can feed her a little bit of yogurt, too.

It's not contagious, nor is it usually fatal (unless it's a symptom of something much worse, but you'd see other symptoms - or completely ignored for a very long time and spreads through her system). It's just yucky.

It could be vent gleet, which is basically a chicken yeast infection. First, I'd clean her up (which you already did). You can put yeast infection medicine (monistat, etc.) on her vent for several days until it clears up. Alternatively, you can get Medistatin (for pigeons/cage birds) online, add it to a TINY bit of water, and feed it to her according to package directions. And you can feed her a little bit of yogurt, too.

It's not contagious, nor is it usually fatal (unless it's a symptom of something much worse, but you'd see other symptoms - or completely ignored for a very long time and spreads through her system). It's just yucky.
I think she has urates.. thoughts on Allopurinol?

Attachments

• D9B3BE56-5858-48CC-A86D-F9B8488CFE71.png
    D9B3BE56-5858-48CC-A86D-F9B8488CFE71.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 1
I keep looking up ways yo treat her for urates and everything is vague no real treatment specifics, and I ran across that medication that people use in chicks

Back
Top Bottom