Is this pasty butt??

Yes she is passing stool it looks so much better today honestly, well this be a continuous problem with her? I don’t want to hurt her 😳 how does this happen and will it get better if I keep putting ointment on it?
See if you can push the prolapsed tissue back in.

Feed her her normal feed, it can be wet or dry. See that she's drinking well.

@Wyorp Rock, is Preparation H indicated in cases of prolapse to help shrink the exposed tissue and help with retention? Also, have I read that keeping the chicken in the dark is a good idea to help keep her from ovulating? @Cmendo, I do know that keeping any exposed tissue moist with ointment is important to keep it from drying out and becoming necrotic.

@Wyorp Rock, is Preparation H indicated in cases of prolapse to help shrink the exposed tissue and help with retention? Also, have I read that keeping the chicken in the dark is a good idea to help keep her from ovulating? @Cmendo, I do know that keeping any exposed tissue moist with ointment is important to keep it from drying out and becoming necrotic.
Prep H could be used, but an anti-inflammatory may be better. The goal is to keep the tissue moist.

OP has reported the pullet has not come into lay. It's possible the prolapse is caused by a first egg, but I would make an assumption that she would have not made it this long if that were the case.
Stopping production by limiting light is not instantaneous. It can take days to weeks to stop the process. She would need to be in total darkness for 16 hours a day.

Prep H could be used, but an anti-inflammatory may be better. The goal is to keep the tissue moist.

OP has reported the pullet has not come into lay. It's possible the prolapse is caused by a first egg, but I would make an assumption that she would have not made it this long if that were the case.
Stopping production by limiting light is not instantaneous. It can take days to weeks to stop the process. She would need to be in total darkness for 16 hours a day.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

update: I have been treating her with prep h and in hopes was hoping the prolapse would go back in on its own… it did not so we gently pushed it in and when we did this a clear / yellowish color liquid came from the area, when we let her out for about 30 min to roam and get some fresh air she did this again. What is the liquid?

update: I have been treating her with prep h and in hopes was hoping the prolapse would go back in on its own… it did not so we gently pushed it in and when we did this a clear / yellowish color liquid came from the area, when we let her out for about 30 min to roam and get some fresh air she did this again. What is the liquid?
Treating with anti inflammatory as well and keeping the area moist she is still isolated from the others, but her back end is now up where as it was down.

I really don't know. Is it maybe egg white?

Back
Top Bottom