Is this poop abnormal?

Bit by Bit

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2018
I've come to the conclusion that it could be coccidiosis worms or normal shedding of the intestinal lining or urates but I have no clue...
I have a group older pullets that should be laying soon they are 21 weeks and this is what I found from last nights roost. These girls are fed food grade diatomaceous earth once a month. The girls are acting very lively and grooming themselves this morning.

Attachments

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
It would not hurt to worm them with Valbazen 1/2 ml per chicken given orally, and repeated in 10 days, or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound orally, then repeat in 10 days. DE will not worm them, or do much of anything especially when it is eaten and becomes wet inside the body.

I would also go ahead and start some Corid in their water, since there is a lot of bloody mucus. Dosage is 2 tsp of Corid Liquid per gallon of water for 5 days.

staceyj

Enabler
Jan 1, 2017
Coastal NC
My Coop
It would not hurt to worm them with Valbazen 1/2 ml per chicken given orally, and repeated in 10 days, or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound orally, then repeat in 10 days. DE will not worm them, or do much of anything especially when it is eaten and becomes wet inside the body.

I would also go ahead and start some Corid in their water, since there is a lot of bloody mucus. Dosage is 2 tsp of Corid Liquid per gallon of water for 5 days.
Just like magic! There you were!

Top Bottom