Is this poop normal?

jeanaq

In the Brooder
May 19, 2017
Eastern Iowa
Today when I was changing my 2 Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire Red's water and feed, I noticed there was a lot of watery, unusual poop in the coop. When I took them out, they pooped on my brother and I's shoes, and it was the same consistency. They have otherwise been acting normal, and this is the first I've noticed their poop like this. They are about 5-6 weeks old and I have been feeding them Manna Pro Medicated Chick Starter from the beginning. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.

Attachments

• IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 35
Today when I was changing my 2 Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire Red's water and feed, I noticed there was a lot of watery, unusual poop in the coop. When I took them out, they pooped on my brother and I's shoes, and it was the same consistency. They have otherwise been acting normal, and this is the first I've noticed their poop like this. They are about 5-6 weeks old and I have been feeding them Manna Pro Medicated Chick Starter from the beginning. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.
Welcome to BYC! That *might* be normal, but I would keep an eye on them.

Sometimes during the heat of the day, I've seen looser looking cecal poop. Still something to keep an eye on. Has any of it looked foamy?

Good! No one warns you how often you'll find yourself examining poop when you get chickens. Lol. I must admit, I'm constantly looking at it, poking it with a stick, etc. There are some really interesting websites/blogs out there that have tons of pics of anything from normal to abnormal, and just plain horrific looking chicken poop.

@casportpony I just noticed that you're the Poop Inspector General. Do you have a badge? Official hat or uniform? If so, I'll be totally jealous. All I got was a goofy box of nitrile gloves. I feel like I might have been ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom