Is this poop normal

She made been this way since yesterday afternoon, I did check to see if she was egg bound she’s not. My husband bathed her and cut away chicken poop from her feathers, from what I can see it looks ok, but then I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

Reproductive disorders are common in hens over 2. That is one reason for the tail to be held low. Her second dropping picture looks like she is not eating enough. You can try offering her layer feed with a little water to make a small bowl of it wet. Scrambled egg or canned tuna are other good snacks to tempt her to eat. Check her crop in her chest in the early morning before she eats, to make sure that it is emptying overnight. It should also fill up during the day. To determine if she is laying, you could separate her for a day or two in a dog crate with food and water.

Reproductive disorders are common in hens over 2. That is one reason for the tail to be held low. Her second dropping picture looks like she is not eating enough. You can try offering her layer feed with a little water to make a small bowl of it wet. Scrambled egg or canned tuna are other good snacks to tempt her to eat. Check her crop in her chest in the early morning before she eats, to make sure that it is emptying overnight. It should also fill up during the day. To determine if she is laying, you could separate her for a day or two in a dog crate with food and water.
Ok so I did check her crop this morning it is still full,

Ok so I did check her crop this morning it is still full,
Also she is not 2 she is 14 months, she’s not hardly eating a thing so I can’t figure out why her crop is full, unless nothing is getting digested, which could be the problem, so this is going on the 3rd day of not well sitting a lot drinking not much and here is the poop from her

Attachments

• 033ABDE1-CECB-46DC-8F15-654EF86ECFC4.jpeg
    033ABDE1-CECB-46DC-8F15-654EF86ECFC4.jpeg
    999.4 KB · Views: 2
Also she is not 2 she is 14 months, she’s not hardly eating a thing so I can’t figure out why her crop is full, unless nothing is getting digested, which could be the problem, so this is going on the 3rd day of not well sitting a lot drinking not much and here is the poop from her
I had a 1 year old hen get it as well. Symptoms were like your hen's are now.

Do you leave food at night? To me it sounds like a reproductive disorder as well.
Yes I do and I’m not sure how it’s a reproductive disorder, I will look into this. If you have a link you want me to follow I will, but I will start researching. This can be confusing

Back
Top Bottom