Is this right? Shipping question

Quote:
Those Keets came through bright eyed and running about their little Carton. I peeked in at the Post office because there was NO WAY I was going to get that thing open without serious damage to the box. I peeked in just in time to see a couple nibbling on their watermelon. Then there was that whole Awww moment and everyone in the vicinity had to peek too.

With Regard To the hatcheries.... I suspect they purchase their boxes in bulk shrink wrapped on pallets, they probably purchase a quantity that will cover one or two years worth of operation. They probably get their cartons directly from the manufacturer too. That produces a Deep discount. Possibly in the cents per carton.

Remember they hatch daily twice what a small breeder hatches all year. And they have some automation to help with the process. In order to have all chicks be the same age. To be Honest I wont purchase from a hatchery ever. And I wont ever order Sexed chicks. yep I am prepared to keep every Roo or Cock. Lots of space and love the noise.... LOL.

Well, the shipping label was plain old priority mail and said $11.42!!!!!! That was from Texas to Pa and they got here in less then 48 hours. They used one of the double boxes with 13 on each side....not sure if the single boxes will ship cheaper or not? I'm just going to have to try it.

Back
Top Bottom