Is this right?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tia, Apr 7, 2011.

1. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I keep on reading different things and I hope I'm doing this right. I am incubating duck and chicken eggs in a R-Com Suro.

The duck eggs are temp. 99.5 humidity 55

Chicken eggs 99.5 humidity 45

Is this right? I sure hope so.

2. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    hi there i was gonna post exact the same thing...
    chicken eggs my tem its 100.40 and humidty 40% can some one help us please to tell u if we are right or lil off [​IMG]

3. Suechick

Suechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Carlsbad, CA
    I don't know anything about ducks but you have chickens right: 99.5 on the nose. Humidity can vary a little. But between 35 and 45 is good for the first 18 days.

4. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    That is really all I need to know... I've done ducks before. It is really the chickens that I haven't done. I candled and all of my eggs are fertilized... so if I don't goof it up I should have some nice little chicks. My drake didn't get all of the eggs fertilized, so i am going to have to pull some of those. I have 5 hens, so maybe that is a few too many for him. : ) thanks so much!!!

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    5 ducks are not too many for most drakes.. there are other things that can cause infertility.. the first eggs laid in the season are often infertile.. early spring/late winter eggs tend to be infertile more often ..

I treat my duck eggs just like chickens'.. at hatch time I have 60% humidity for both.. higher is ok, but not necessary..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by