Is this Scaly mites

By chance were your chicks vaccinated for Marek’s?

I personally don’t believe that scaley leg mites is your problem with the silkie. Now you have 2 with leg issues, I would start exploring other options.
My silkie yes but my California grey is from tractor supply and I don’t think they vaccinate for Mareks I had bought 3 chicks all together and this is the only one alive the other 2 passed away very early after buying them. It’s very weird this is how her legs look. I’m thinking I need to cull her but I am unsure and I may need to cull my silkie Roo! He is vaccinated he stand and moves but I every time he eats and drinks he has saliva coming out of his mouth and his crop is squishy. So I’m wondering if maybe he has sour crop. Her I’m not sure.

Attachments

• 74F901C0-57F0-4B78-ABF3-6C5CD3E36124.jpeg
    74F901C0-57F0-4B78-ABF3-6C5CD3E36124.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 7
My silkie yes but my California grey is from tractor supply and I don’t think they vaccinate for Mareks I had bought 3 chicks all together and this is the only one alive the other 2 passed away very early after buying them. It’s very weird this is how her legs look. I’m thinking I need to cull her but I am unsure and I may need to cull my silkie Roo! He is vaccinated he stand and moves but I every time he eats and drinks he has saliva coming out of his mouth and his crop is squishy. So I’m wondering if maybe he has sour crop. Her I’m not sure.
If you do end up culling one of them I would get a necropsy done. Then at least you will know what you are dealing.

As far as your silkie, check his crop first thing in the morning. If you check it before he has anything to eat or drink and it feels like a water ballon then I would start treating him for sour crop.

Yes, I know they’re! I’m giving rooster booster and nurtidrench should I add something differnt for them?
That should help, I prefer direct dosing with 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks. It can take a few weeks to recover from deficiency as long as they get enough.

That should help, I prefer direct dosing with 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks. It can take a few weeks to recover from deficiency as long as they get enough.
Okay, Thank you! I’ll try that it’s just over the counter capsules we use right? And put it down their mouth?
I do think my black one has sour crop along with vitamins his crop was squishy this am. I removed all food and water last night. He was standing and walking better this afternoon but still has funny poop. And again he started leaking stuff out of his mouth when he went to eat and drink. I have fed him Greek yogurt plain just don’t know how much to feed him or even how to treat sour crop I was reading about it today.

Okay, Thank you! I’ll try that it’s just over the counter capsules we use right? And put it down their mouth?
I do think my black one has sour crop along with vitamins his crop was squishy this am. I removed all food and water last night. He was standing and walking better this afternoon but still has funny poop. And again he started leaking stuff out of his mouth when he went to eat and drink. I have fed him Greek yogurt plain just don’t know how much to feed him or even how to treat sour crop I was reading about it today.
Yep, any brand from the vitamin aisle at the store, you can pull down on her wattle or mix it into a treat. Sour crop can be treated with yeast infection cream at the worst.

Yep, any brand from the vitamin aisle at the store, you can pull down on her wattle or mix it into a treat. Sour crop can be treated with yeast infection cream at the worst.
Thank you, so much for your help! They haven’t given up so I won’t either.

Back
Top Bottom