Is this snake poop?

PrincessChicky

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Dallas area
I found foreign poop in the yard today. Upon closer inspection, I believe it to be snake poop. It is really big though, bigger than what I'd think snakes would poop, so I'm scared that there's a large snake casing my coop. What steps should I take, if any, to prevent it from eating my girls?

I've only seen garden snakes and a rat snake in my yard before. Thanks! :)

It doesn't look like snake poop to me but I've never seen wild snake poop before lol; my snake only ate rats and never looked like that. It looked like really dehydrated cat poop more than anything.

doesn't look like it.
do you have a lot of toads.i had some poop in my yard that i couldn't figure out.i thought it was armadillos or something and then i went out late one night and saw toads everywhere.so i watched them awhile and sure enough,that is what it was.

I keep pet snakes and that does not look like snake poop to me. Also snakes make huge poops for their size. Those look very small, so if it was a snake it much be a very small one......not capable of eating you chickens.

you do know Princess,that you are now going to have to do a poopout.
we all want to know what made the poop.

what other animals do you have?

Ok, here's the scoop on the poop possibilities:

We have a dog. A greyhound, she has small poops that don't look like these.
We have a few neighborhood cats that don't usually come in the yard: see above mentioned greyhound.
We have bunnies. These aren't round bunny poops.
I'm sure we have toads.
I'm sure we have snakes.
We have loads of birds, but this doesn't look anything like my chicken poops, there are plenty of examples of those all over my yard.
Bobcats and coyotes have also been seen in my neighborhood, picking off those neighborhood cats that people leave out at night.

Our house backs up to a long, skinny piece of property that is undeveloped, they recently mowed for the first time this year. Before we put the garden fencing along the bottom of our barbed-wire along that property, we had possums and raccoons in our yard, but I haven't seen any in a long while. I googled what those poops look like and they more resemble a dog's poop than this.

My thought is some kind of reptile because there is that white stuff on the poop.

Allright people! You gotta get a closer inspection than than that. Sniff it. Pick it apart under a microscope or magnifying glass. If toad poop, then insect parts will be evident. If poultry poop, then lots of plant fiber will be evident.

If it is stinky and sticky, then predator poop. If dry, no real information there.

Back
Top Bottom