Is This Splash?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
One of my presumed Blue Australorps seems to have black feather. Is it some kind of oddity like the white wingtips that is likely to vanish in the juvenile molts or have they sent me a splash (possibly in my brown-layer assortment)? Welp advertises the Blue Australorps as all blue, not Blue/Black/Splash.

1109211615b.jpg
1109211615c.jpg

That head is awfully dark for splash. I agree the body looks splash though. Should be interesting to see in a few weeks.

If he is a Splash Australorp he'll move up to the top of the "Who should I keep?" list since I want to breed the blues.

Also, I think it is male.

I don't know if I have any stealth males in this order, but I sure have a bunch of obvious ones. By 3 weeks I was sure of that. :D

6 or 7 -- which would be all the straight runs, the spare chick, and one "oops" among the sexed females.

The boy has white skin. I can't quite tell for the girl. Looks more like yellow skin.

The boy has white skin. I can't quite tell for the girl. Looks more like yellow skin.

The feet are quite yellow. Look at the photo I just posted on the other thread about the barred boy for comparison.

It's a bright, overcast morning and I took all the photos within 5 minutes in natural light against a neutral background.

The feet are quite yellow. Look at the photo I just posted on the other thread about the barred boy for comparison.

It's a bright, overcast morning and I took all the photos within 5 minutes in natural light against a neutral background.
The shank color is different than the skin color in this example. I still think he has white skin! 🤷‍♀️

The white can be pink-ish as well.

Back
Top Bottom