Is this stool concerning?

SamIamNam786

Songster
Aug 10, 2023
Central NJ
Guys my birds were vaccinated for Cc and Mrks, I got them at 4 weeks. I didn't realize I wasn't suppose to give them medicated feed. They ate Purina medicated for 3-4 days before switching to regular chick feed.
I noticed that sometimes they have a softer stool. And although they all eat the same food, sometimes a random pink stool shows up, followed by a regular one. Can you please lmk if this stool is something concerning, or is it normal, maybe the chick drank too much water?
Ps this was the first day they were out in the yard in a covered pen. I'm not giving them grit yet, but they have taken 3 or so dust baths in a mixture of sand, dirt, and DE.

Attachments

• IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 58
That stool is not concerning. It's merely a mixture of cecal and ordinary urates.

Be aware that vaccination will not protect against all nine strains of coccidia, and not all produce bloody stools. Bloody stools are very obvious with ruby red clots, nothing close to resembling the poop pic you posted.

Guys my birds were vaccinated for Cc and Mrks, I got them at 4 weeks. I didn't realize I wasn't suppose to give them medicated feed. They ate Purina medicated for 3-4 days before switching to regular chick feed.
I noticed that sometimes they have a softer stool. And although they all eat the same food, sometimes a random pink stool shows up, followed by a regular one. Can you please lmk if this stool is something concerning, or is it normal, maybe the chick drank too much water?
Ps this was the first day they were out in the yard in a covered pen. I'm not giving them grit yet, but they have taken 3 or so dust baths in a mixture of sand, dirt, and DE.
This poop looks normal to me, in that I see it in my flock regularly.

Why did you have to feed your chicks medicated feed?

This poop looks normal to me, in that I see it in my flock regularly.

Why did you have to feed your chicks medicated feed?
Initially the lady at the TSC told me to purchase medicated whether or not the chicks would be vaccinated. My chicks were 4 weeks when they were brought home, so I just started them on medicated bc I had no prior experience. After a few days, I realized that was the wrong feed, so I went back to TSC and purchased nonmedicated. They only ate medicated like 3 days of their 5 week lives.

Back
Top Bottom