is this strange

When i go into the run, i have a pullet that gets up on a roost or whatever she can to get close to me. It has taken awhile for her to let me pet her, but today i was able to gently rub her neck. She will stand very still and she starts to blink alot, and then closes her eyes like she is asleep. Is this the majic spot to put them in a trance.

Sounds like she really likes you! I occasionally have a pullet that behaves this way. They are special and I never forget those unique relationships even after they're gone. I had a PBR that was extremely fond of me and if I didn't pick her up for a cuddle she would BITE my leg, hard enough to leave a mark! Enjoy your affectionate girl!

I do the same thing you do, just gentle little scratches under the wattles and ears, they really do seem to enjoy it!

I REALLY like BRs. They are so full of personality! I don't have any this year because my space is dedicated to other breeds. They will always be one of my favorites. The best rooster I ever had was a BR and when he died I planted a tree for him and even buried him under the tree. The hen that demanded my attention is buried under the tree outside my bedroom. They are intelligent and really great birds!

Had a Light Brahma do this....as a chick she hated to be touched or held, never stopped screaming no matter how much time I spent.
Then all of a sudden she came to me everyday to be picked up and touched, lasted a few months then she got over it.

Back
Top Bottom