Is this the beginning of molt?

Maybe they just got bent the wrong way somehow? Have you tried just brushing them back down with your hand?
I have, but apart from the little mohawk and some broken feathers pretty far down it doesn’t look inflamed/infested or anything. She’s the big boss of the flock and I haven’t seen any biting or pecking from the others, but maybe at night? I’ll just keep an eye on it

I couldn’t see holes Monday evening when I checked it out, but yesterday in the daylight, and visible from inside the coop only I could see a hole. Not visible from the outside because the grass hides it and it’s such a small hole I totally missed it. I haven’t seen any other signs of rodents but today we are putting down steel mesh under the perimeter of the coop, we should have done this in the beginning but here we are..So grossed out at the thought of a mouse biting her feathers off, my poor girl!! TY @aart for bringing rodent to my attention..Here I thought it was her first molt :hmm

Im g
I couldn’t see holes Monday evening when I checked it out, but yesterday in the daylight, and visible from inside the coop only I could see a hole. Not visible from the outside because the grass hides it and it’s such a small hole I totally missed it. I haven’t seen any other signs of rodents but today we are putting down steel mesh under the perimeter of the coop, we should have done this in the beginning but here we are..So grossed out at the thought of a mouse biting her feathers off, my poor girl!! TY @aart for bringing rodent to my attention..Here I thought it was her first molt :hmm
Im glad you found it!!!

Back
Top Bottom