Is this the Fastest Pip / Zip and Out ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DrRob, Mar 11, 2011.

1. DrRob

DrRob In the Brooder

Hi Everyone,

I have had an amazing experience this morning, When most of my eggs have hatched they have usually taken between 6 - 24 hours from Pipping to being out.
    Today I had a chick that obviously wanted OUT - He pipped at 5am and at 7am started to zip and within 20 minutes it was out lying on the floor of the incubator - I couldn't believe it it was like the zip was sped up !

Has anyone ever experienced that fast a hatch ?

Regards
    Dr Rob.

2. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Songster

Feb 5, 2009
    That's amazing! [​IMG] Can't say I have seen one hatch that fast . . . you'll have to watch out for the guy, it'll probably end up being your speedy gonzales of the coop!

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I didn't have any on my first hatch do that but I am in the middle of my second hatch and I have had two pip, zip and hatch all in under an hour. Went to take a quick shower this morning and came out to a hatched chick. Sometimes it is amazing how much they want out of those eggs! [​IMG] Congrats on the new chickies!

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Try bantam eggs at my house. Pip and some 24+ hours later, zip for about 8 hours. Sheesh. [​IMG]

5. ellenaspen

ellenaspen In the Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    My very first chick that I ever incubated and hatched came out on this last Thursday...he/she was out in about 45 minutes from pipping to out...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: