Is this the result of worms?

lavalamp775

Hatching
Sep 11, 2015
Need help for my sick Maran. stopped laying many months ago, very lethargic, not eating/drinking much, pale comb. Feels lighter than others. Can't see any worms in poop but Wazine given to whole flock over weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 29
Need help for my sick Maran. stopped laying many months ago, very lethargic, not eating/drinking much, pale comb. Feels lighter than others. Can't see any worms in poop but Wazine given to whole flock over weekend.
Could be!! How old is she? I Hope it helps her. Just for info, I wormed mine with wazine and it did not seem to help, some started dying soon after---very lite in weight---I went on a 6 hr trip and had a necropsy done-------eat up with worms----tape worms. Vet said Wazine would Not touch a tape worm. I got busy when I got the word and wormed the worse first but ended up worming all over the next few weeks----67 pens with around 1000 chickens. I got lucky and only lost close 30. Good Luck

Reproductive problems such as internal laying, egg yolk peritonitis, or even oviduct cancer are very common in hens 2 and over, and may also affect younger ones less often. I would try to get her eating some chopped egg, wet her usual chicken feed with a lot of water in a small bowl, and put a spoonful of plain yogurt in it for probiotics. Poultry vitamins in the water may also benefit her. Then when she is eating better, I would deworm her with either Valbazen 3/4 ml for a Marans or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or the equine paste 1.5 ml. Repeat the wormer again in 10 days. Here is some info on reproductive problems:
http://www.theveterinaryexpert.com/backyard-poultry/egg-yolk-peritonitis/
http://scoopfromthecoop.nutrenaworld.com/tag/laying-issues/

Back
Top Bottom