Is this true

Crystalchic

Gone for a bit
11 Years
May 6, 2008
I went to the sporting good store to get a night time vision scope for my rifle
they only had binoculars and the sales rep told me that it was illegal to use a night scope on my rifle because it is called poaching if you hunt at night and they dont make them.
im not hunting though, i am protecting my family and pets from the wild life
further if this is so i think that i am guilty of poaching cause i shot a skunk that was after my silkies the other night

I know you can get a night vision scope, the problem is trying to prove that you're not hunting game animals (or assasinating people) at night. You'd have to look into your state's laws about that. I've never tried buying one, so I couldn't tell you for sure, but I do understand why it could be illegal.

I'll just say you can find anything for sale on the internet.
wink.png

Hey!
That's were the 3 S's come into play
Shoot
Shovel
shut up
and I figured it out all by myself

Quote:
I think it's funny how sporting good store reps seem to know everything. Many times they haven't a clue what they're talking about. You need to check your local laws and then shop online or somewhere else. Our local sporting good stores sell electric animal calls and legholds, even though both are illegal to use in our and surrounding counties.

If you want something done, do it yourself, don't take someone's words for it. Check your local laws and then go online shopping.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom