Is this vent gleet?

Any way you can re-check her tonight?
I took her of the roost early this morning. She had dropped an egg during the night, a big fat one. I'm worried because her eggs are getting bigger and bigger, width wise. I suppose there's nothing I can do about the size of her eggs, huh?

Her vent looks normal again, but I still soaked her, sprayed around her vent with Vetericyn, and applied the Prep H (just slightly inside her vent).

I took her of the roost early this morning. She had dropped an egg during the night, a big fat one. I'm worried because her eggs are getting bigger and bigger, width wise. I suppose there's nothing I can do about the size of her eggs, huh?

Her vent looks normal again, but I still soaked her, sprayed around her vent with Vetericyn, and applied the Prep H (just slightly inside her vent).
That's good news! I'm glad she was able to expel the egg.
I would probably give her extra calcium for a couple of days since she was partially prolapsing. Calcium is supposed to help with retention.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about the size of the eggs. Keeping her on a good quality feed, oyster shell free choice and limiting treats so she doesn't get too fat would be good - excess fat in the abdomen will make it harder for her to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom