Is this week over yet???????

momma's chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Idaho
What a week and since I have survived the last six days and survived them well, I feel like I am doing what I was meant to do, raising animals, veggies and kids (human and goats
gig.gif
) in the country.

It started when we discovered three of our ducks had bumblefoot, it was interesting to pull puss out, soak duck feet and bandage them so the bandage would stay on. Then I had eggs hatch and one had to be culled, the poor chick suffered about 10 seconds but I was traumatized for the rest of the day. It was heartbreaking.
hit.gif
Last Friday we picked up a new goat and she is very timid and shy and when I checked her feet they were horrible, desperately needing trimmed. I managed to get her to trust me a little and got them trimmed. Then tonight I went out to the chicken house and I am not sure the story with this chicken. She has never had any feathers of her bum, her bum is bare and she is the low end of the pecking order. I had four chickens who wouldn't let her on the roost, well they have been sold and obviously she has been roosting on the dropping boards. Her bum was covered with fecal matter. I soaked her bum in warm water and cleaned her up. She is happily on the roost tonight.

None of these were big issues in themselves but compounded together with a special needs child who has a cold and in non-verbal so just cries and screams it was been a taxing week.

Whew, glad it is over, looking forward to what God has in store for me this week.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom