isa brown eggs are not fertile

I know this is an older thread but just wondering if the thread starter was successful in hatching. I have had some very successful hatches with my ISA Browns. I did use a ISA male with ISA females and also did the same experiment with Red Sex-Links. The silver or white gene was the dominant gene so I had more white chicks hatch out and with each succeeding generation the white was more dominant.

Here are some Pictures. There are some Red Sex-Links also in this grow-out pen picture.

Last edited:
Interesting, I have some ISA Brown Hens and a Rhode Island Red rooster. I'm going to incubate some eggs starting Friday so it will be interesting to see what is the dominance color using a Rhode Island Red rooster.
welcome-byc.gif
I did some experimental breeding with my ISA Brown I had at the time many years ago. The chicks that hatched out were all different colors. I had a cockerel hatch out that was gray in his coloring but as he grew his feathers became more fluorescent like the greenish and some blueish coloring in his feathers. He was very handsome. I wish I had taken a picture of him before I sold him. Some people came over and wanted some chickens including a male. They fell in love with him so he went to a new home with some girls. Any Sex-Link including ISA Browns don't breed true so you can end up with a very colorful bunch of chicks. Good luck and have fun...

I wouldn't mind having some but I have my hands full right now with what I've got. For the past several years I have been into exhibition poultry and have been showing my birds at poultry shows. I still have a few in my general population pen. My show birds are very good layers too. I just filled my incubator. I am trying to create a Rose Comb Red Sex-link. The males get processed when they are big enough.

I know this is an older thread but just wondering if the thread starter was successful in hatching. I have had some very successful hatches with my ISA Browns. I did use a ISA male with ISA females and also did the same experiment with Red Sex-Links. The silver or white gene was the dominant gene so I had more white chicks hatch out and with each succeeding generation the white was more dominant.

Here are some Pictures. There are some Red Sex-Links also in this grow-out pen picture.

Were any of the all white ones female?

From my hatches yes. After a few generations that I had experimented with, white was dominant. I had a male that looked like a Red Sex-Link or ISA Brown female in color. I think he is in one of the pictures I previously posted in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom