ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

If you have true, first generation sex links, the roosters would indeed by white and have brown saddles. But at this age, you'd recognize the roosters as HUGE, they'd be crowing loudly, walking upright, and be very, very obvious. In a flock of hens, a couple hens rise to the dominant position and take on the rooster's role in the flock. They tend to boss others, be alert for dangers, etc. It's entirely natural.

These are ISA Browns. The males are white the rest are pullets.

These are ISA Browns a little older. Here is one of the males and the rest are females.

I did some research on this and Townline Hatchery is the only licensed seller in the US of ISA Browns. Many so called hatcheries that may sell ISA Browns, get them shipped from Townline Hatchery. A BYC's member works at Townline Hatchery and also confirmed it to me. I have purchased many Isa Brown chicks in the past from Townline. They are my best layers of very large brown eggs.

I have no doubt that some unscrupulous hatcheries may try and pass off various cross breeds as ISA browns. But there is no way only one hatchery in the US is "licensed" to sell them, the only control that ISA needs is over the grandparent stock. They can sell parent stock to whichever hatcheries are willing to pay and ISA knows those hatcheries will be back every year for new breeder flocks.

Are Therese ISA Browns? When I bought them today that is what I was told.

They look like second generation hatch of possibly Isa Browns. Here are some pics of a breeding I did. These are second generation. Each generation of breeding, more and more white came out. Then I bread the white girls back to a RIR male and the next generation chicks looked more like Red Sex Links.

The boys hatched out white and the girls look like Isa Browns. These were some I kept for my experimental breeding.

Here are some of the chicks from this breeding.

Back
Top Bottom