Isa brown

Countrylife19

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
I have 1 21 week old leghorn, 3 barred rocks and 3 Cornish hens. I'm thinking of getting some isa brown hens. How are they as a breed toward humans and other chickens?

I’ve noticed the are friendlier than sex links. My sex links are really quite mean to each other.
edit: I just realized they are the same thing 🤣. Anyho my sex links are pretty mean.

I got 6 isa browns and 6 leghorns they all get alone well. They are still pretty young. I have older chickens 6 barred rock 6 Cornish and 1 leghorn she has been laying for about a month or so. We keep the little ones seperated from the big ones. Looking forward to introducing them to each other when they are bigger.

I have 1 21 week old leghorn, 3 barred rocks and 3 Cornish hens. I'm thinking of getting some isa brown hens. How are they as a breed toward humans and other chickens?
We have owned isa browns for nine years. They are the friendliest. They like being handled. They aren't shy, never broody, ever. They are early layers.

They are really friendly. We have one who is the friendliest and most curious. The other ones are a little skittish but I let them come to me and try to handle them as much as possible. This group of chickens went outside to the coop a lot quicker than our first group. I love how they jump on my lap for treats

Back
Top Bottom