ISA Browns? I am not convinced

I'd send Hoover Picture 1. it is really clear that is a boy. Since it is a boy it's the wrong color to be an ISA Brown. I don't know what Hoover can do about it but it doesn't get much clearer than that.

I don't know what breed or cross he is. Looking at their website a Rudd Ranger wouldn't be a bad guess but ISA Browns are small compared to many breeds, that size difference may not be a good indication he is a meat bird.
I just did. I am waiting for their response. I would agree with you. I think I got one ISA, and four meat birds. Accidents do happen, just hope they make right by it.

Accidents happen. There’s only a 90% guarantee. You do have a rooster.
I would agree. I sent them an email with the picture. My problem is I raised these for a friend that wanted pullet egg layers, and now I have nothing to give them. They will understand, but I need pullets again.

I do not have a rooster, and do not want one.

I received ISA Brown chicks from Hoover's Hatchery. However, I am still not convinced that they are ISA Browns, and egg layers. (Picture 1)The one on the right side of the picture I do believe is an ISA Brown pullet. (Picture 1)The one on the left is twice as big, its legs are twice as wide, and they are both the same age. I feel like I got some sort of red ranger.
If anyone knows, please help. I raised some egg laying chicks for a friend, and I am afraid I am giving them meat birds instead. View attachment 2647469View attachment 2647470
Just wanted to let everyone know, that yes, indeed they sent me the wrong chicks. They were great over the phone, and refunded me my money.

Back
Top Bottom