Isabel Cuckoo

gunslinger33

Songster
6 Years
Feb 3, 2018
If I cross an Isabel Cuckoo rooster over a red (RIR) hen would the chicks be blue? Would the cuckoo sex link the chicks? Would I also get a combination of blue , lav and black if crossed over black?

Thank you

I am still learning about genetics, but I know for a fact that you can't get sex-links from this cross. If you want sex-links, the female has to be barred.

If I cross an Isabel Cuckoo rooster over a red (RIR) hen would the chicks be blue? Would the cuckoo sex link the chicks? Would I also get a combination of blue , lav and black if crossed over black?

Thank you
The lavender gene that helps create the Isabel coloration is recessive, & needs two copies to show. So, your offspring will probably have black, with red leakage.

Thank you
Yes, no sex linking with this cross. If you want sex links it must be the female with barring bred to a solid male.

Back
Top Bottom