ISABELLA BANTAM PROJECT HATCHING EGGS

No problem. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be coming from too far before expressing interest. I'd like to get in the waiting list for 18 eggs.

Okay great - I made a note in my books, and you're in Maryland? Please also factor in temperature & weather, for exampe this past week I would not ship in the frigid temperatures. Or if there are storms coming that might delay the shipment while in transit.
The furthest shipment I've had so far was to Washington State, 2,853 miles away, and it was a successful hatch :D It's not so much distance, it's how the PO handles them, and they can be dreadful - I put "fragile this end up" stickers on my shipments that have arrows on it pointing which end should be up, and I had a customer report back to me one time the postal carrier left the package on his porch on it's side! SMH

In the meantime, I had my NPIP recert done last week, good to go, and my VS Form book should be arriving this week :)

Okay great - I made a note in my books, and you're in Maryland? Please also factor in temperature & weather, for exampe this past week I would not ship in the frigid temperatures. Or if there are storms coming that might delay the shipment while in transit.
The furthest shipment I've had so far was to Washington State, 2,853 miles away, and it was a successful hatch :D It's not so much distance, it's how the PO handles them, and they can be dreadful - I put "fragile this end up" stickers on my shipments that have arrows on it pointing which end should be up, and I had a customer report back to me one time the postal carrier left the package on his porch on it's side! SMH

In the meantime, I had my NPIP recert done last week, good to go, and my VS Form book should be arriving this week :)

Yes, I'm in Maryland (more like Delaware). My postal carrier is my neighbor and I bought a lot of shipped eggs this past year so she is familiar with handling (a perk of small town, country living). So I have that in my favor! Just let me know when they are laying well again and we'll take a look at the weather and go from there. Thank you!

Yes, I'm in Maryland (more like Delaware). My postal carrier is my neighbor and I bought a lot of shipped eggs this past year so she is familiar with handling (a perk of small town, country living). So I have that in my favor! Just let me know when they are laying well again and we'll take a look at the weather and go from there. Thank you!
You're Welcome!!!
smile.png

I keep coming back to this thread to look at the pictures of your beautiful birds! I have a whole lot of chicks coming at the end of February so my brooder pen will be packed for a couple of months but hopefully by April the weather and your girls will let you send eggs my way :)

I keep coming back to this thread to look at the pictures of your beautiful birds! I have a whole lot of chicks coming at the end of February so my brooder pen will be packed for a couple of months but hopefully by April the weather and your girls will let you send eggs my way :)

Not a problem! Keep checking back in - the girls are starting to put out eggs nicely now AND I forgot to mention
I have added a third pen to dose the lavender onto BB Red. I have a BB Red "split" lavender recessive that produced
a couple gorgeous hens. And the rooster is one of my best best breeders I've produced so far - his name is Mojo and
I just adore him :D

Open for orders!!! The ladies are putting out eggs fast and I have hens going broody!!!

Back
Top Bottom