Isbar thread

Pics
June is a small Isbar hen, I think. She is probably 7 months old. One day her comb got neon red, and that was it, it was egg time. She has one every other day. I used to be "into" the color of my sweet girls eggs, now I just want all them happy and healthy.

I love the Isbar Maran mix, they are lovely, please post more pictures. I cannot get enough chickens.

Group of Isbars 3 roos and 4 hens (all colors)

The black roo is the most dominant of the bunch at this point.

My splash roo out free ranging!

Black Isbar hen ready for bed on this cold afternoon!

The blue roo "King on the Mountain"....they love to get on that A-frame!

Some pics of my Isbars in their grow out pen.....they aren't that far off from starting to lay....but we've been having a very COLD snap the last few days....so they may hold off on laying for a little while longer....LOL

I have pullets from Waltz's Natural Ark in Colorado that I got last spring. They are just starting to lay beautiful olive green eggs. If you are willing to wait until later winter, I can provide you some eggs, or chicks after I hatch some. I want to let them settle into laying a bit, then hatch a brood myself so that I know they are viable, then I can sell some. I have 2 roosters, one is my profile picture and the other I have attached a picture of. I have 2 black hens and 1 blue. I don't really need 2 rooster with 3 hens so am trying to sell my blue one, if anyone is interested.

Hi Martie!!! So happy to see my Isbar kids doing so well!!! I hope they give you lots and lots of gorgeous eggs! Happy Holidays!
Doc

Group of Isbars 3 roos and 4 hens (all colors)

The black roo is the most dominant of the bunch at this point.

My splash roo out free ranging!

Black Isbar hen ready for bed on this cold afternoon!

The blue roo "King on the Mountain"....they love to get on that A-frame!

Some pics of my Isbars in their grow out pen.....they aren't that far off from starting to lay....but we've been having a very COLD snap the last few days....so they may hold off on laying for a little while longer....LOL

Lovely! :) :)
My Isbar gals have finally decided to take a break from laying - but then, we've been well below zero many nights in a row, and have yet to see the freezing mark in the daytime for the last two weeks, so I'm very glad they have stopped for now. They need to be putting that energy into staying warm and alive! Yours will start up before too much longer, most likely a week or so after Solstice. :)
Doc

Isbar. In Chiang Mai Thailand

they look so gorgeous! how old is your rooster? (i ask, as i have one who's about 8 months old and doesn't quite as developed as yours...)

they look so gorgeous! how old is your rooster? (i ask, as i have one who's about 8 months old and doesn't quite as developed as yours...)

When I bought him in September the lady said he was about 6 months old... so he's about 9-10 months now. Had to bring him in because my old rooster Rain died defending his hens from a neighborhood dog. :(

Back
Top Bottom