Isbar thread

The three eggs in the top row are from my Isbar juveniles that just started laying. One of the green ones is from a pullet from my original line breeders (I think it is the lighter one). The other 2 are new line Isbar eggs. I guess I have another layer hen. Now to figure out which of the three it is. Grrrr...

So I have two pair of Isbar that I hatched and one of the roosters is throwing a few oddball things at me and I was curious what everyone else thought about them. Please keep in mind these are laying chickens and not show chickens. I have since given them a bath but they are dirty in these pictures.

So I have two pair of Isbar that I hatched and one of the roosters is throwing a few oddball things at me and I was curious what everyone else thought about them. Please keep in mind these are laying chickens and not show chickens. I have since given them a bath but they are dirty in these pictures.

The top rooster's comb looks quite floppy, but other than that what oddball things are you noticing? They do appear to be Isbars. Are the girls laying green eggs? Do you plan to breed them or are they just for your own enjoyment?

The splash rooster has feathered legs not feet but he has feathers down the shanks. He is also aggressive were as none of my others are the least bit aggressive. By aggressive I mean he tends to be pushy not actually mean. Yes, they are laying olive colored eggs slightly different colors but a lot darker than our Araucanas. We are planning breeding them. I have chicks from a different breeder that are about 4 months old so I should be able to start moving them in with the adults soon.

I didn't see the feathered legs until you mentioned them. Isbars do not have feathered legs.
sad.png
With feathered legs on the one and dark olive eggs, it sounds like yours may be mixed with a Marans. The legs on the 2 blues look awfully dark, but it may just be the lighting. I would disqualify the splash roo from breeding and test breed the others to make sure they breed pure before you start breeding to sell. If the 3 (very pretty, BTW
smile.png
) in the bottom photo are related, I would breed them together ONLY for test breeding purposes to see if there are unwanted recessive genes they are carrying before putting them in a breeding program with the others you have growing up. Remove any that pass on unwanted traits.

[COLOR=141823]The three eggs in the top row are from my Isbar juveniles that just started laying. One of the green ones is from a pullet from my original line breeders (I think it is the lighter one). The other 2 are new line Isbar eggs. I guess I have another layer hen. Now to figure out which of the three it is. Grrrr...[/COLOR]
What about the bottom three? Who is laying the darker green/blue. I konw the photo does no justice to the real live color..beautiful..

I agree that the splash cock/erel is not pure Isbar. The splash pullet looks very different that our splashes do...does she have shank fuzz also? She looks more like our splash Marans in color. She is certainly a "dual-purpose" sort of silhouette, much more substantial than the blue pullet. Here is a photo showing the splash patterning on one of our Isbar pullets.

Back
Top Bottom