Isbar thread

Sorry it took a while to reply. I have been getting home too late to take photos but here are other photos of them. Hopefully this will clear up any questions. I didn't bother taking any more of the splash rooster. Thank you for looking at them and giving me input. I want to make sure they are correct before I sell them as something they aren't.

Not sure if I posted these "girl's" up.. We do have a rooster like our boy Burt..

Sorry it took a while to reply. I have been getting home too late to take photos but here are other photos of them. Hopefully this will clear up any questions. I didn't bother taking any more of the splash rooster. Thank you for looking at them and giving me input. I want to make sure they are correct before I sell them as something they aren't.

I don't see a green/willow leg in the bunch (black over yellow). Is it my monitor?

G

I have black chicks both with and without the yellow chins. It tells you one of the genes they are caring, but now I will have to look it up. :)[/quote
My black chick was the most beautiful solid black and then he got goldish feathers on his hackles as he is growing in adult feathers

Here he is at 17 weeks (J-Bar farms, thank you Ihilani Coffee) Everyone has been molting baby feathers, it looks like a feather pillow exploded out there. Absolutely the friendliest cockerel I have in my grow out pen.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused as to the willow leg comment. I was pretty sure that they where a slate colored breed so I went back to the Greenfire Farms page since as far I know they imported them and everyone's is based off of theirs and they appear to be slate legged. Is there a standards page to reference? I want to make sure my birds of correct before I start selling them as anything more than olive eggers.

I'm a little confused as to the willow leg comment. I was pretty sure that they where a slate colored breed so I went back to the Greenfire Farms page since as far I know they imported them and everyone's is based off of theirs and they appear to be slate legged. Is there a standards page to reference? I want to make sure my birds of correct before I start selling them as anything more than olive eggers.
KYTinpusher is working on the proposed standard as we speak. There is a lot of information on the facebook page and we are in contact with three breeders from Sweden there. A couple pages back there was discussion on feather-legged birds. Were those yours? KYTinpusher had a good response to whomever it was...I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom