Isbar thread

Yes those are mine and they won't have orange eyes. Mine are mostly from Swedish reserve stock and inbreeding causes orange eyes. GFF should have integrity and not sell non breed standard
Just received 4 hatching eggs from a breeder in OK,Us. She send me 2 splash and 2 blue, will post a pick when they hatch..egg was a mossy green color :) excited

Yes you bought those from me. They are the original line imported from Sweden over 4 years ago
Hello Isbar people...I'm tickled pink that I have Isbar hatching eggs from 3 different sources on the way, due to arrive in a few days. 2 batches are from GGF new line stock. But the 3rd is from "Swedish reserve stock". I've googled the heck out of it but find nothing on Swedish reserve stock. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks in advance.
y

Yes those are mine and they won't have orange eyes. Mine are mostly from Swedish reserve stock and inbreeding causes orange eyes. GFF should have integrity and not sell non breed standard
There is no breed standard, not even in Sweden, which is part of the problem. Can you explain what "Swedish reserve stock" is and do you have proof (USDA import permit) to prove that they are not originally from GFF and were imported legally?

I just picked up a dozen Isbar hatching eggs yesterday from a breeder. Any advise to increasing hatch rates?
They are going to rest for a couple days. Hopefully going into the incubator thursday with a dozen cream legbar eggs.

In most cases, as I understand it -- genetics are inherited. It is more likely that breeding dark eyes to dark eyes will forever produce dark eyes, than that at some point light eyes would pop up. The lighter eyes are more likely from out-crosses that someone has made to invigorate the gene pool (the opposite of inbreeding or line breeding actually) -- Perhaps you meant to say out-crosses cause the orange eyes. ??

hu.gif

The black eyes are dominant. I just hatched several crosses from my original lines Isbar males. Everything hatched with black eyes. Im not sure if the yellow eyes will ever pop up again but the black eyes are for sure dominant.
The new imports (to me) look like pita pinta crosses. I doubt inbreeding has anything to do with the yellow eye gene showing up (imho and no offense to any1)

The black eyes are dominant. I just hatched several crosses from my original lines Isbar males. Everything hatched with black eyes. Im not sure if the yellow eyes will ever pop up again but the black eyes are for sure dominant.
The new imports (to me) look like pita pinta crosses. I doubt inbreeding has anything to do with the yellow eye gene showing up (imho and no offense to any1)
Interesting...my Ice-cream-Bars F1 -- were CL male X Isbar female and they had yellow eyes -- The females were the original dark-eyes--- so in that instance the yellow dominated the black -- Glad to hear that you are getting dark eyes. It's good to know that if they do get 'lost' they can be restored.

Interesting...my Ice-cream-Bars F1 -- were CL male X Isbar female and they had yellow eyes -- The females were the original dark-eyes--- so in that instance the yellow dominated the black -- Glad to hear that you are getting dark eyes.  It's good to know that if they do get 'lost' they can be restored.  

I hatched several of @KYTinpusher
eggs that were first imports x latest imports too.
Everything had black eyes. I hatched ice cream bars from my flock...black eyes too.
I hatched Isbars x brahmas...black eyes

Several other crosses and everything had black eyes.
I wonder if the black eye gene is passed from the cockbird.
My crosses came from my 2 original import Isbars over females from other breeds.
Genetics cause me to need a shot of whiskey

Back
Top Bottom