Isbar thread

Hi!

I recently got a splash isbar pullet...I hope... Got her and a Wheaten ameraucana together. Just wondering is she looks like a girl! Didn't realize how small she will be! very curious birds and she trills which was a first for me!

love.gif

My Legbars trill -- when they are happy babies. Maybe she inherited that trait from her Legbar ancestors. Pretty chick!

Last edited:
Hi!

I recently got a splash isbar pullet...I hope... Got her and a Wheaten ameraucana together. Just wondering is she looks like a girl! Didn't realize how small she will be! very curious birds and she trills which was a first for me!

at 2 weeks old with her buddy!

at 4 weeks.

Hope I'm wrong but that comb is getting prominent...

I was thinking about getting some Isbars from Greenfire Farms. I would like to know how big they get and how big is the average egg they lay. Are they good layers or do they go broody most the time?

Thanks!

I was thinking about getting some Isbars from Greenfire Farms. I would like to know how big they get and how big is the average egg they lay. Are they good layers or do they go broody most the time?

Thanks!
Isbars are a smaller LF that lay loads of large green eggs. They are very feed efficient and good foragers without being flighty like some other layer breeds. It takes a while for the pullets to get from the medium size to the large eggs though. I'd steer you away from the GFF 2nd import though. Some funky things are showing up in those birds IMO.

Ihilani, What kind of things are showing up? I may have some from the second batch from Greenfire. I got mine in March.

Do you sell hatching eggs? Also, do you have Rhodebars now?

Ok pullet or roo? this little isbar is ~5 weeks old
This one is looking like a very handsome cockerel. Love the dark eyes!
love.gif

Ihilani, What kind of things are showing up? I may have some from the second batch from Greenfire. I got mine in March.

Do you sell hatching eggs? Also, do you have Rhodebars now?
Feathered legs, coppery hackles (should be silver or gold), small pea-like combs and very small or no wattles, light eyes, larger body-type, just to name a few.

So I'm pretty sure this is a rooster but opinions are nice to have...
A very handsome boy you have there.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom