Isbar thread

I have a 1.5 week old Isbar chick...anyone an expert on sexing chicks early on? We only hatched 2 chicks out of out 6 eggs, and the other chick is a cream legbar roo, so I'm praying my Isbar is a hen. The Isbar chick is very white, so I'm guessing splash, but not sure...I'm not too familiar with the breed yet.

I have a 1.5 week old Isbar chick...anyone an expert on sexing chicks early on? We only hatched 2 chicks out of out 6 eggs, and the other chick is a cream legbar roo, so I'm praying my Isbar is a hen. The Isbar chick is very white, so I'm guessing splash, but not sure...I'm not too familiar with the breed yet.
Pretty chicks!!

In non-autosexing or sex-linked chicks, I look for 1. larger, faster developing combs, tiny wattles; 2. Bigger feet and thicker shanks/legs and 3. a wide stance and an attitude that is cocky for a little chick.
jumpy.gif

I've got 2 cockerels growing out very nicely, one has more of a gold color to his hackles and the other is more of a silver. Both are stunning! (except for the fowl pox)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom