Isbar thread

@KYTinpusher do you ship chicks or eggs?
Sorry, not right now. I have been struggling all summer with the fertility on my original quad. The girls are over 3 years old now and one week fertility is 100% and the next it is only 40-50%.
hmm.png
They are still laying like crazy and the chicks that are hatching are quite healthy, but with the added losses due to shipping, I am not comfortable selling any eggs right now. I have had to stop doing fertility testing for the time being due to a lack of space.

I do have 3 other breeding pens set up. Two of the pens are young birds that just started to lay or are approaching POL. It will be several more weeks before the eggs are of a size and number to offer from them. Unfortunately I lost the cock in the third pen with the older hens to a hawk or eagle last Friday.
hit.gif
(He was the cock that I got from you @cree57i that you hatched from @Ihilani Coffee 's eggs
he.gif
) He died valiantly protecting his girls. I don't have a replacement for him right now. I hadn't started hatching from that group yet due to lack of space for grow-outs, so now I am hoping the 1st import girls in the pen are laying after the trauma of the attack so I can hatch at least a few.
fl.gif

Once I get things back on track here, I have a several people that have been waiting quite a while to get eggs from me. God willing and the creek don't rise, I should be able to start sharing some eggs from these wonderful birds again this fall.

Sorry if that is more info than you wanted to know
lol.png
, but I thought I would take the opportunity to update the thread on what is going on with my Silverudd's Blues.

I've got 2 cockerels growing out very nicely, one has more of a gold color to his hackles and the other is more of a silver. Both are stunning! (except for the fowl pox)

So handsome!
love.gif
I hope you can find good homes for them.

Sorry, not right now. I have been struggling all summer with the fertility on my original quad. The girls are over 3 years old now and one week fertility is 100% and the next it is only 40-50%.
hmm.png
They are still laying like crazy and the chicks that are hatching are quite healthy, but with the added losses due to shipping, I am not comfortable selling any eggs right now. I have had to stop doing fertility testing for the time being due to a lack of space.

I do have 3 other breeding pens set up. Two of the pens are young birds that just started to lay or are approaching POL. It will be several more weeks before the eggs are of a size and number to offer from them. Unfortunately I lost the cock in the third pen with the older hens to a hawk or eagle last Friday.
hit.gif
(He was the cock that I got from you @cree57i that you hatched from @Ihilani Coffee 's eggs
he.gif
) He died valiantly protecting his girls. I don't have a replacement for him right now. I hadn't started hatching from that group yet due to lack of space for grow-outs, so now I am hoping the 1st import girls in the pen are laying after the trauma of the attack so I can hatch at least a few.
fl.gif

Once I get things back on track here, I have a several people that have been waiting quite a while to get eggs from me. God willing and the creek don't rise, I should be able to start sharing some eggs from these wonderful birds again this fall.

Sorry if that is more info than you wanted to know
lol.png
, but I thought I would take the opportunity to update the thread on what is going on with my Silverudd's Blues.

So handsome!
love.gif
I hope you can find good homes for them.

I have not been on BYC for about a month due to...well many things! I'm sorry to hear the little guy is gone, but glad to hear he was protecting his flock.

I have quite a little herd of Silverudd's Blues right now and more coming up. The girls are continuing to lay well. Studly still has his pen of lovely ladies and 2 of the splashes from the Easter hatch in there should be beginning to lay anytime now! In my other pen, I replaced the rooster because he killed 2 chicks and I cannot condone such behavior. He was caught in the act, so I know what happened. After trying 2 other roosters in there, the girls have settled on a young blue boy, also from the Easter hatch. It is amazing to me how some roosters fit in with the established hen dynamics and others THEY JUST DON'T LIKE! I love watching the interactions they have. I will post some pictures of him soon. He is from my own crossing of a @KYTinpusher hen and @Ihilani Coffee rooster. He is in with girls from @alchemist farm eggs. It is looking like a very good year for Silverudd's Blues here. There are chicks running around everywhere! My broodys are doing the work and the incubators are finally going to get a well deserved rest. @lakones , I continue to lust after your black and silver SB's! I have a black cockerel coming up and can only hope he gets as beautiful as your big boy!

I had my Blue Isobar Roo fertilize my Maran that lays light tan eggs with dark copper speckle, any ideas on the color variations I could get if I hatch these?

So excited my first hatch of Silveruud's Blues will be hatching on September 10th. Three different lines of 1st imports. 2 blue hens from KYTinpusher's , roo from Alchemist farm in CA & 3 hens from a vet in MI.
Getting ready to put together another pen.
The girls are laying like crazy!!!

I forgot to turn the incubator off this year!

I have LOTS of choices of Silverudd's Blue. They are in with Swedish flower hens, because I have found these breeds get along well together. Here are just a few of my grow outs. They are age 1 week and first day on grass, to 8 months old, and everywhere in between. Blue, black and splash!

This is a BCM broody with Silverudd's Blue (Isbar) chicks she hatched for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom