Isbar thread

Thanks, Livhatcher! Sorry to read about your incubator issues. I look forward to seeing your chicks soon.

So on 5...you say mine is darker than your splash. Do you think mine isnt a splash..,maybe a light blue? I was sure it was a splash when it arrived, but as time has passed, I question it. When should the darker splashes usually appear?
Also 7, I am thrown on her too. She is more tufted than yours?

We gave away our splash as a teacher gift at the end of the year. Here he is at last glance:
IMG_1335.JPG
He was very light with gray tipping. I am very new to SB and have had to lean on this thread to help to be honest with you. I will see if I can get a photo of my black pullet for you when it stops pouring here. She looks more like your last photo. The #7 bird is throwing me bc of its little whiskers but I'd trust @cree57i if she thinks it looks like an SB. NOW, If you are certain that you only had 4 SB eggs, then you are going to have to rule one out.

I definitely agree that the feathered legs are the tell tale of Marans. Of my two pullets, 1 is more heavily feathered than the other, but they are still evident. I'm really not very knowledgeable in areas outside of Polish fowl. I thought it would be fun to hatch some colored layers for my kids. This is an education for me, too!!!

The darker wing tips look so different from mine. I found a pic from the day they arrived of my #5 possible splash. Maybe this helps. I am guessing maybe 2 1/2 IMG_6092.JPG weeks old here? On the far right in the front.

Here are some colors I have had and I posted a bunch of splash chicks so you can see. I am pretty sure yours is a light blue. The blues can have dark spots in them. I see some whiskers in #7 since @livhatcher mentioned it, (good catch). That may be OE also. I have lots of SB pictures in the album on my profile page too. For me, I have to look at lots of pictures.
fullsizeoutput_481.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2c5.jpeg
IMG_2878.JPG
fullsizeoutput_319.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_221.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_170.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_13b.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3e4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3e4.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 22
Here are some colors I have had and I posted a bunch of splash chicks so you can see. I am pretty sure yours is a light blue. The blues can have dark spots in them. I see some whiskers in #7 since @livhatcher mentioned it, (good catch). That may be OE also. I have lots of SB pictures in the album on my profile page too. For me, I have to look at lots of pictures.View attachment 1048978View attachment 1048979View attachment 1048981 View attachment 1048982 View attachment 1048985 View attachment 1048987View attachment 1048988 View attachment 1048989 View attachment 1048991View attachment 1048992
Thanks, Cree57i! He is definitely the lightest bird I have, but I am no longer convinced he is a splash. We shall see. I think 7 is an OE too.
I will look at the pictures on your page.
So out of my four SB:
It looks like I have #1 dark blue roo, #5 light blue roo, #6 black roo, and #8 black hopefully hen?
I do hope 8 stays looking hen as the others are certainly roosters. #5's comb took a big leap of pink and growth today. Maybe I need to find a few more girls.....

Thanks, Cree57i! He is definitely the lightest bird I have, but I am no longer convinced he is a splash. We shall see. I think 7 is an OE too.
I will look at the pictures on your page.
So out of my four SB:
It looks like I have #1 dark blue roo, #5 light blue roo, #6 black roo, and #8 black hopefully hen?
I do hope 8 stays looking hen as the others are certainly roosters. #5's comb took a big leap of pink and growth today. Maybe I need to find a few more girls.....
I still think you have a splash. You need to wait to see how it feathers out, IMO

View attachment 1055421 View attachment 1055422 View attachment 1055423 Sharing for a friend. 20 weeks old splash SB. Roo, right? She has heard mixed feedback.
That's a tough one. I think it may be a pullet. I looked at the pictures I posted above to try to figure it out. I don't see any pointy saddle feathers or sickle feathers here. She may be so red because she is getting ready to lay. The cape looks like a cockerel though pullets can also have that look. If a boy, he should be trying to crow.

Back
Top Bottom