ISO * any* type of fertile eggs

jus10inla

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
Louisiana
Anyone have any fertile eggs rite now ? My jersey Giant went broody and i want to give her some to sit on... type really doesnt matter just no bantams.. currently i only get 1-2 eggs a day and only one is fertile. This Would be my first time letting a hen hatch her own. I would gladly pay shipping. But located n southeast louisiana (cross posted in my state thread) if any of yall dont seee it there.

Found some this morning locally; cream legbar, still had 2 of hers, and copper marans. I know the legbar and hers are fertile. Unsure of copper maran. I didnt see a bulseye but it wasnt but 2 so what the heck! Shes on a clutch of 10 I believe.

i got her off her nest. (She was on 2 fake eggs) Moved the new eggs on. She hurriedly got back on them. Tonite imoved Her eggs to a private coop then scooped her up. Sittin like a queen!!

Attachments

• E6299F86-3B1C-4240-98CA-3208F88ADB17.jpeg
    E6299F86-3B1C-4240-98CA-3208F88ADB17.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 3
  • 6890562D-2BBD-4263-BBEE-D38B68F85326.jpeg
    6890562D-2BBD-4263-BBEE-D38B68F85326.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 3
If you were close to me, I'd have given you some. I would love to know what I'll get from a Buff Orpington over a Black Australorp. I hope to find out next spring. Good luck!

Glad you found some. We just added a rooster to our flock to replace the other one who wasn't "doing the deed" (he was culled today). Anyhow, new Roo has been witnessed mounting a number of the hens, so I have every expectation of getting some barnyard mixes in the near future. The new Roo is of uncertain genetics, and certainly doesn't matcxh any of my hens.

Good luck with your Broody!

i'd send you some of ours. our roo is a prolific breeder. however, the eggs would likely freeze before they got to you. we hav ee hens, one ee roo, two barred rock roos, one whyandotte roo, and black australorp hens that can all breed.

She didnt take to them unfortunately. Sat all evening, night, amd morning when i left . Got home she was walking around (not doing the snack/water & back on egg) . Checked the eggs & there cool to touch . If she doesnt get baxk on them by tomorrow i may try to incubate them.

Back
Top Bottom