ISO Buff and Lavender Orpingtons for Spring in SW Indiana Area

MrsAuberry00

Songster
Apr 30, 2017
Southern Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find Orpingtons in the Southwestern Indiana area? I have zero experience and no equipment for hatching eggs or raising chicks, so I'm looking for pullets that will be approximately 3-4 months near April. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Check your local Craigslist, fb groups, or even ask a local feed store if they know of anyone. I'd called someone who gave me the name of someone who works at the lumber yard who has chickens. I think I found them through my states farmers market site. If all else fails, order them online or wait until spring when the feed store has them.

Check your local Craigslist, fb groups, or even ask a local feed store if they know of anyone. I'd called someone who gave me the name of someone who works at the lumber yard who has chickens. I think I found them through my states farmers market site. If all else fails, order them online or wait until spring when the feed store has them.

Thank you. I'd considered waiting for TSC or Rural King to get some in, but then they are chicks and as I said, I have zero experience or needed materials to raise chicks and I'm not keen on it anyway. I'll take your advice and search some more online. Again, thank you!

Thank you. I'd considered waiting for TSC or Rural King to get some in, but then they are chicks and as I said, I have zero experience or needed materials to raise chicks and I'm not keen on it anyway. I'll take your advice and search some more online. Again, thank you!

Just throwing it out there, but I had zero experience too. You can use a plastic tote, and a 75 watt bulb for a brooder, and find a big box after awhile. And it doesn't take much to clean out the box. Having said that, I hope to never have to raise chicks again, lol.

Back
Top Bottom