ISO Cornish and white rock hatching eggs

dustponds10

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Rigby, Id
I am looking for Cornish hatching eggs as well as White rock hatching eggs.

I want to be more self reliant and don’t want to always be buying my meat birds so I thought I’d start an experiment. Does anyone have these hatching eggs available?

I am looking for Cornish hatching eggs as well as White rock hatching eggs.

I want to be more self reliant and don’t want to always be buying my meat birds so I thought I’d start an experiment. Does anyone have these hatching eggs available?
I thought about doing this too. However I found out that it was a bit more complicated than I thought.
Apparently you breed the Cornish and the White Rock, then you have to breed their offspring to finally get the breeding stock that you've carefully selected to start breeding to get the desired chicks.
And Cornish Rocks are horrible at laying eggs so... with that I decided never mind....
If you decide to go ahead with this in a couple years when you have the chicks for butchering you should write an article on here telling everyone of your process! I'd be interested in reading it.
If not their are lots of dual purpose huge chickens that can be used as meat birds too.

I thought about doing this too. However I found out that it was a bit more complicated than I thought.
Apparently you breed the Cornish and the White Rock, then you have to breed their offspring to finally get the breeding stock that you've carefully selected to start breeding to get the desired chicks.
And Cornish Rocks are horrible at laying eggs so... with that I decided never mind....
If you decide to go ahead with this in a couple years when you have the chicks for butchering you should write an article on here telling everyone of your process! I'd be interested in reading it.
If not their are lots of dual purpose huge chickens that can be used as meat birds too.
Sounds good. I am seriously considering doing it. I will try crossing both ways. A Cornish cock over Plymouth hens as well as a Plymouth cock over Cornish hens. At times certain breedings work better then others and I just want to see. I appreciate the advice.

How big do the bantams get. I’m going for meat birds?
I haven't processed mine yet (they're more pets than the chicks I hatched this year for meat) but they're maybe 2.5 or 3 pounds for the males live weight at a few months. They're dense birds though and could feed two people no problem per bird.

They also go broody so they could theoretically reproduce on their own. They just need somewhere sheltered in the winter

Back
Top Bottom