ISO Leg Band Recommendations

BroadShouldersFarm

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2018
Sutherlin, VA
Hello, all!

Can you recommend a reliable leg band that comes with both numbers and colors?

I have more than 100 birds and while I recognize a great many of them, I want to make notes about them—disposition, aggressiveness, egg color, et al. Plus, I'm sure I can't keep all of it in my head forever!

I don't want to use any sort of body modification like toe-punching or wing-bands. The idea of colored and numbered leg bands seems best for me, but I see several on the market from spirals to clips to basically what looks like a zip-tie. The hatcheries and Amazon offer a confusing array.

Your experience appreciated.

~Ben

I'm planning to get the ones that are like a long roll of plastic rolled on itself, so the size has a range. They come in like 5 colors and numbers up to 200 I think.

These:
https://nationalband.com/products/plastic-banettes-907/

Yes! Bandettes have really drawn my eye. Wondering if there's something not obviously wrong with them because they look great to me—color and numbers, and easy on-off for flocksters it seems.

Curious how 'soft' these are.....and if they really expand as leg grows?
I don't think they expand much, but a bit more forgiving than a zip tie I assume. They come in the full range of sizes, so obviously you're meant to choose the correct size. But I figure I could probably get away with 9s as soon as their feet and legs are big enough not to let them slip off.

Back
Top Bottom