ISO Mandarin / Wood Ducks

Kaiser Quack

Chirping
Nov 10, 2021
Looking for some Mandarins and Wood Ducks. I would prefer ducklings, but at this point I’ll take juvies and adults, they are so hard to find. If anyone has a reputable breeder please list their info below. 🥰

Looking for some Mandarins and Wood Ducks. I would prefer ducklings, but at this point I’ll take juvies and adults, they are so hard to find. If anyone has a reputable breeder please list their info below. 🥰
Hi, I can do pickup for ducklings. I will have both available this year. I have two wood duck eggs in the incubator right now with lots more on the way. My Mandarins haven't started yet, but they will soon.
Otherwise I can ship juveniles this fall. I only hind toe clip and/or seamless band, but I can wing pinion if requested.

I saw the first two wild wood ducks today. It's been so cold here it seems like a late migration to me. :idunno My ducks haven't even started laying eggs yet. I do have a swan that laid eggs too early, and two eggs froze solid when it hit 12F one night. She is now setting on four eggs poor girl. It snowed on her last night. She is setting good and I absolutely don't want to do anything to disturb her. :)

Hi, I can do pickup for ducklings. I will have both available this year. I have two wood duck eggs in the incubator right now with lots more on the way. My Mandarins haven't started yet, but they will soon.
Otherwise I can ship juveniles this fall. I only hind toe clip and/or seamless band, but I can wing pinion if requested.
Hello! Can you tell me the colors you have for Mandarins and your wood ducks? If you live in MD I can pick up ducklings. How do mandarins females cope with wing pinions when it comes to laying their eggs. I know they like being up off the ground.

For shipping the juveniles, when you say fall beginning of September or late August?

I saw the first two wild wood ducks today. It's been so cold here it seems like a late migration to me. :idunno My ducks haven't even started laying eggs yet. I do have a swan that laid eggs too early, and two eggs froze solid when it hit 12F one night. She is now setting on four eggs poor girl. It snowed on her last night. She is setting good and I absolutely don't want to do anything to disturb her. :)
My Cayuga startled me and started laying. Poor girl laid too close to winter and all of her eggs froze during a random cold snap. One week of spring and the next it was snowing. I was able to get one egg into the incubator and it hatched two days ago. I would love a swan, but I would have to read up on their care and temperaments. I feel I would also have to expand my little duck pond 😅

Hello! Can you tell me the colors you have for Mandarins and your wood ducks? If you live in MD I can pick up ducklings. How do mandarins females cope with wing pinions when it comes to laying their eggs. I know they like being up off the ground.

For shipping the juveniles, when you say fall beginning of September or late August?
My Mandarins are both standard but split to white, so there is a chance of white offspring.
My wood ducks are also the standard color.
Here are a few pics of them
_MG_6994.jpeg~4.jpg
_MG_0284.JPG~2.jpg
_MG_0495.JPG~2.jpg
_MG_8146.JPG~3.jpg
_MG_8115.JPG~2.jpg

I'm not in Maryland, I'm in South Dakota. I can ship juveniles though.
Mandarin females do fine if they have a ramp going up to the nest box, and the nest box only needs to be a few feet up. They're not too finicky.
Depending on weather, yes. Probably September.

My Mandarins are both standard but split to white, so there is a chance of white offspring.
My wood ducks are also the standard color.
Here are a few pics of themView attachment 3067200View attachment 3067201View attachment 3067202View attachment 3067203View attachment 3067204

I'm not in Maryland, I'm in South Dakota. I can ship juveniles though.
Mandarin females do fine if they have a ramp going up to the nest box, and the nest box only needs to be a few feet up. They're not too finicky.
Depending on weather, yes. Probably September.
Beautiful birds @MGG! I love the standard coloration.

Back
Top Bottom