Isolate a chicken with cocci? She HATES it!

greateggspectations

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2022
I have a chicken who I think may have cocci and I am treating her for it. 2 days ago she seemed a little sluggish, I figured it was the heat and put some NutriDrench in the coop water. Yesterday, she was worse- not moving much, not eating or drinking without encouragement, and droopy.
I've isolated her in an old brooder box in my bathtub inside. I've given her 2 oral drench doses of corid, as well as the water dosage in her water. I am also doing a corid water treatment with my other 3 chickens to treat them all.

My question is- do I really need to isolate her, if they're all being treated? She absolutely hates the brooder box and she doesn't really fit in it. The dog crate I wanted to use doesn't fit inside the bathtub, and our garage gets well into the 90s in the afternoon with no ventilation. I know she would be so much happier outside with the other chickens, but honestly I don't know what to do. This is our first round of chickens ever, and the first sick chicken we've dealt with.

agreed if cocci-no need to isolate but a good poop pic will help determine if cocci. easy enough to treat the whole flock, especially because more might have a mild case or shows signs as well.

It wouldn't be a BC post without a poop pic lol.

I'll see if her poop still looks like this, but yesterday I caught two of her poops- one was watery mucus with mostly white, no brown. The other one was watery with green semi-solids in it.

Back
Top Bottom