It Begins With A Map... (Medieval RP)

So what do you want me to do? Wait till you get here and shove it through the front? Jem shuddered inwardly. If there was even the smallest chance of staying away from Unwin for a couple more seconds, she would run. She wasn't going to turn herself into a sitting duck by listening to him. "You wouldn't kill me... you said you weren't allowed!"

Her legs carried her further back towards the window as he got closer. She still had no intention of jumping, but with the door locked it was the only escape to freedom that she had... what was worse? A knife through the back or a broken ankle?

"No, I won't kill you, but they said nothing about injuries..." Unwin said with a smile, moving towards her as she backed towards the window, he could guess what she was thinking, "I wouldn't jump out that window if I were you, it's a long way down, you don't want to brake your pretty little neck, now do you?"

He was about six feet from her now, and she was almost to the window. Unwin was tensed, ready to dart forward and catch her if she went to jump, ready to block any attack she sent his way, and ready to force feed her the Valerian root juice if he got hold of her...

Jem figured there were quite a few things in which Unwin could potentially do to her without actually ending her life. The thought of some creep like him having that much freedom wasn't attractive, maybe a broken neck wouldn't actually be that bad....

She still had the knife in her hand, and although she wasn't particularly skilled at using it, it was better than nothing. She put one foot on the windowsill and leaned out. "I swear I will jump, and that will give you nothing... and my cousins will slaughter you like they would me."

Unwin narrowed his eyes, "You're cousins seem more heartless by the second, first they want you alive, and now they'll slaughter us both, tut-tut..." He said sarcastically, a wicked smile spreading across his face.

"So, what would you propose we do then?" And before Jem could even open her mouth to responed, he lunged forward, intending to get his arm around her waist and pull her back before she jumped, then get the Valerian root juice down her throat...

He had done things like this before, though it had always been poison that he gave them, a much cleaner way to kill then silting their throat...

The human instinct to preserve life caused Jem to hesitate before jumping as she never actually intended to follow through with the threat. Instead she used to windowsill to propel herself away from the window, but not before Unwin had his arm around her waist. He caught her nearly out of mid air and jerked her to the floor, where she landed in a painful heap of limbs.

Her elbow cracked hard into the wooden floor and it took every ounce of self control she possessed to keep from crying out loudly in pain. The smell of the awful root had reached her nose and she recognized it as a sedative. Her jaws instantly clamped shut, knowing that even a small taste of the root could prove dangerous.

Unwin grunted with the impact, he was already in pain from the wound on his arm, which seemed to have started bleeding again, and the blow to his hand. But he ignored it, there was no time to waste. He leaped into action, dropping the knife, he grabbed Jem's nose to block off her air supply, and pinned her with his knees. Jem would have to open her mouth to breath, and when she did, he had the sedative ready...

Jem hardly had time to catch her breath after falling before Unwin planted his knee on her back and pinned her flat on her stomach. His sweaty hand clamped tight around her nose and pulled her head up, leaving her in a position where she couldn't move hardly at all. The knife had slipped from her hands and skidded out of reach, so all she could do was try and push herself up with her arms.

Very soon she began to grow desperate for air, and the struggles didn't make it any easier. She screamed through closed lips, mostly out of fear, although the sound was muffled by her mouth and Unwin's hand. After about minute of struggling she couldn't bear it any more, and opened her mouth to breath...

As Jem was about to take a breath, Unwin quickly poured a quarter of the Valerian juice into the back of her throat, them clamped his hand over her mouth, so she couldn't spit it out. The small amount of sedative would be enough to keep her down for at least three hours, so he kept a strong grip on Jem, waiting for her to go still...

The timing of both acts, her sucking in air and him pouring the juice down her throat, caused her to nearly inhale the liquid quicker than likely both of them expected. Choking, she spasmed violently underneath him and spat out the majority of the juice in a series of heaving coughs. Enough, however, had managed to trickle down her throat to knock her out, but the process was much slower and she didn't lose consciousness right away.

Fleta froze for a moment, worried about what Oswin wanted of her. She walked slowly over, cringing slightly as she approached him...

A loud *thud* came from the ceiling as Jem and Unwin went tumbling to the floor. Oswin glanced up quickly, then back to Fleta and reached out and grabbed for the girl's wrist. "Girl, you and your friend are welcome to leave... once I get what is mine. Peyton, would you bind her hands?"

It was risky, relying on the brothers for help. While they had proven willing helpers for a bit of coin, he was unsure just how much loyalty his money could buy. But Peyton looked willing enough. "Sure," he said, grabbing the length of rope that had already been used to bind Jem's hands, then Unwin's. Leaving Fleta with Peyton, Oswin hurried toward the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom