It Begins With A Map... (Medieval RP)

Christof was still crouched by the door, waiting for his chance to spring either Oswin, Peyton, or Kenrick. His opportunity came when Oswin began marching up the stairs, leaving the brothers alone in the room. He was outnumbered 2-1, but the odds were greater in his favor than if Oswin had remained in the room. At the same time, a feeling of dread crept into his gut knowing that Jem was upstairs, and the thud had likely come from her and that other awful man... there wasn't anything he could do from the ground though, besides try and gain the upper hand on the main floor...

Unwin kept Jem pinned for moment longer as he readied his crossbow, notching an arrow and pulling the string back, ready to be launched into Christof's chest if they encountered the man.
He grabbed both her hands and pulled them behind her back, then holding her wrists in one hand, he stood, and hoisted her off the ground and onto her feet. He knew that world be painful for her, arms bending in the wrong direction, but at this point, he didn't really have another way of getting her up.

"Now, let's go, Jem..." He growled, and began pushing her towards the door, hand still clamped around her wrists.

---

Fleta did not resisted having her hands tied, the sooner this was over, the sooner she could help Glenn, and fighting wasn't going to make the situation any better.

Jem resisted foggily, her mind and body going numb and weak from the root juice. Any movement was slow and uncoordinated, like she was trying to run through honey, or molasses. She could feel the sensation of pain coming from her shoulders as he pulled her to a standing position, but her mind couldn't make sense of the appropriate response so only the smallest hint of a whimper came muffled through her lips.

She stumbled forward as he pushed her, and her legs awkwardly made the steps towards the door. If he hadn't been holding onto her wrists from behind she likely would have simply fallen forward, off balance, onto the floor.

Unwin, still holding the young woman's wrists, quickly retrieved both of their knives, and strapped his to his belt, and kept her's in hand. He sighed, then started towards the door again, pulling her along. He knelt beside the broken door nob, stuck Jem's knife in the hole where the nob had been, and used it to pry the luck open. The knife snapped under the pressure, but not before the luck clicked open. He tossed the broken blade to the side, it was useless to him now.

Unwin turned and scooped Jem up onto his left shoulder, so that she was laying on her stomach, then he used his injured left arm to hold her legs so she wouldn't fall.

"If you're still lucid enough to speak, Jem, does your brother have my sword? I'd be most thankful to have it back." He asked mockingly, with his crossbow at the ready in his right hand, as he opened the broken door and they exited the room.

Last edited:
(I'm going to wait for Frundette to reply, just so we don't get too out of sequence!)

Once Oswin had gone around the corner at the top of the stairs, Christof took the opportunity to make his presence known. Trying to be quick and reasonably quiet, he half ran, half walked quickly across the room to where Peyton was tying up Fleta. With a knife in hand, he aimed to get the blade around the other man's throat before he realized that Christof was there.

Last edited:
(Sorry for being slow. I'll try to sneak in a reply at work soon... But I gotta ask: How did Unwin get out of the room? I thought he broke off the handle to keep it locked?)

"Listen, Pey..." Kenrick turned to look at his brother binding Fleta's hands, unsure how to handle the situation. "Peyton! Watch out!" he yelled, seeing Christof bringing the knife up toward Peyton's throat.

Peyton started to turn, looking for the source of Kenrick's alarm, but not before Christof had the knife up close to his throat. He froze, jaw clenching tightly.

Oswin heard the commotion downstairs, but hurried toward Jem's room instead of returning there. After all, it seemed unlikely that any of the people in the common area of the inn actually knew where the map was.

Back
Top Bottom