Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I GOT MY BRAND-NEW HOVA-BATOR TODAY!!

My very first incubator ever!

wee.gif

wee.gif

Yes, it's my birthday and this was my present from DH and my family (they all pitched in).

Got the 42-egg model with the clear see-through cover, automatic egg turner and hygrometer, and also a candler.

I can't wait to start my first batch of eggs in 3 weeks!!

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I have to time things so that the babies are old enough go out in the coop around early April, it's too cold before then...

And I can't have them in the house for more than 3 weeks or so because we are selling the property and can't keep a bathroom messy and smelly with live poultry, doesn't look good when you have an Open House for potential buyers
roll.png

Awesome! A Hovabator and automatic turner were what I got for my birthday this year, too! I don't have the self restraint you do, though...mine is up and running. As I told hubby, this is truly "the gift that keeps on giving"!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I hope to hatch some white chanteclers (8 eggs are on standby from a local breeder) and some EE's from these two:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I am considering letting him mate with my sexlinks too since a few of them lay a nice dark egg... maybe I'd get a green egg layer?

Also, if my white sultan is laying again, I may let my white silkie boys mate with her to hatch some sulkies
smile.png

So many possibilities!

celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom