It happened again

Bairefoot

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2020
Ridgeway S.C.
My son's girlfriend had 4 bantam's in a TSC coop a possum pushed on the hardware cloth and pulled out the staples kill 2 and hurt one other. I was checking the coop to see how something got in when i saw something in the nesting box got the 20ga and opened the box he was in the nest asleep. He woke up and started blowing at me needless to say that was the end of him. So all ways watch your pens.

Or build more secure coops. Thats the common issue with prefab coop construction. It looks the part, but substandard materials and fasteners don't hold up against real life stressors.

My advice is to always build your own coop. When you build an enclosure to protect your investment, it will be stronger than anything bought off the shelf.

I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks someone gave her the chickens and the coop. My pens are strong and have a electric fence around them. She had them for a couple of months and they were close to the house. But you never can tell. I moved some chickens around and put them in a pen of mine. She want have to worry about the other 2.

Back
Top Bottom