It happened

amk122284

Songster
May 11, 2020
Northern Indiana
10 hens, first eggs on October 2. Today all ten laid!!! TEN EGGS!! Kids are EGGtra EGGcited!

*edit - we just collected an 11th egg lol is it even possible for a chicken to lay 2 eggs in a day?!

*and another edit lol upon video review, it looks like we missed an egg yesterday, one of our hens constantly lays on the ramp up to the roost. Our last check yesterday was strictly an external egg hatch check and not an interior check. So it seems yesterday was a 10 day and today was a 10 day!

Attachments

• 20201026_125243.jpg
    20201026_125243.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201026_125211.jpg
    20201026_125211.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Love the ledger!

We are homeschoolers, so we've turned the eggs into math! I have a worksheet for the end of each month to log lowest laying day, highest laying day, average for the month. We've been tracking cost of chicken supplies too so we will average out the cost per dozen too. Once we get the hang of that stuff im going to throw a twist in and we will start weighing each egg so we can calculate weight average, highest weight, lowest weight, weight of all of them combined. Its been a fun project for them :)

We are homeschoolers, so we've turned the eggs into math! I have a worksheet for the end of each month to log lowest laying day, highest laying day, average for the month. We've been tracking cost of chicken supplies too so we will average out the cost per dozen too. Once we get the hang of that stuff im going to throw a twist in and we will start weighing each egg so we can calculate weight average, highest weight, lowest weight, weight of all of them combined. Its been a fun project for them :)

That is so awesome! I keep an egg log, but not as nice as what your kids made. I love statistics like what you describe - I hope you continue to share the results of your kids' learning!

Congrats on all the eggs, too! :wee

Back
Top Bottom