It IS addictive!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken Ma, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Chicken Ma

Chicken Ma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    El Sobrante
    I've only had bantams for a little over a year and I've read how you become addicted to them. Well, now I KNOW.

Went to the feed store to get alfalfa for my goats and Layena for my chickens (I have 9 --- 3 Silver Sebrings, 1 Mille Fleuer, 3 Old English, 1 Golden Sebring, and 1 Silver/Golden cross).

Lo and behold --- they had baby chicks! Against my better judgment (since I will now have to enlarge my coop and run), I came home with 2 white crested black Polish bantams, 2 Mille Fleuers, 2 red Frizzles, and two blue Silkies! They are adorable and of course, my twin granddaughters are estatic! We got my originals as chicks and they raised 4 chicks this last year. Didn't plan to have more because they might be roosters. These little guys were only a day or so old, so they told me to pick the smallest and hope for girls.

Anyway, from now on, ONLY my husband is going to the feed store!!! : )

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Congrats!! My DH says I am not allowed to go to the feed store while they have chicks either! Lucky for him our feed store doesn't carry chicks. I would have to go to the next town. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by