It is at all possible

Vicke Lynne41

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Yesterday morning I collected my duck egg. I only have one female duck. When I got home from work my mom told me there was another egg is the duck house. Well normally my duck dont lay her egg in the duck house. She has a little hole dug out in the ground where she lays. She has been laying an egg a day for a little over a month now. So where did this extra egg come from? For fairness I have 2 female geese but I was told that one neither are old enough to lay and two is it not their season to lay. So I am super confused.

The egg could have been hidden in the bedding for a while.

I just cleaned the entire area on Friday. All new bedding in both houses. I collect the eggs every morning and number them because I have a lady that takes them once a week. So I can say for a fact it was not a forgotten egg. I really believe that it was a goose egg but I am repeatedly told that my geese are not old enough to lay. I know I have read many times that a duck will only lay an egg every 23-24 hours. So it couldnt have been my duck. It is baffling. Unless a wild duck or goose flew in and laid an egg and took off, lol, I have no explanation.

I just cleaned the entire area on Friday. All new bedding in both houses. I collect the eggs every morning and number them because I have a lady that takes them once a week. So I can say for a fact it was not a forgotten egg. I really believe that it was a goose egg but I am repeatedly told that my geese are not old enough to lay. I know I have read many times that a duck will only lay an egg every 23-24 hours. So it couldnt have been my duck. It is baffling. Unless a wild duck or goose flew in and laid an egg and took off, lol, I have no explanation.

Then the goose theory makes the most sense
big_smile.png

My size comparison it is the same exact size as the other duck eggs. I googled to see if there was a huge size difference between duck eggs and goose eggs and it seems there is. So by size alone it looks like a duck egg. That being said I have been told that its impossible to be an additional duck egg. Then I am told by my geese owner friends that my geese will not lay right now. So I guess I will just have to stick to the theory that a strange bird of some sorts snuck in and laid an egg :)

Back
Top Bottom