It Is Hatch Day. Eggtopsy Result totals and chick pics.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
big_smile.png

Quote:
My babies are 4 weeks old too. Whats taking you so long. I set mine yesterday.
lol.png

Picked up feed today and I got to order Purina GameBird Startena for my babies. He'll order 2 bags every 2 weeks until I tell him to stop. Cool Ha. Anyway - I told him this next hatch would be smaller and probably from now on cause of Bator space. He's as bad as us. His reply - you need another bator. Course he wants to sell more feed.

Tom hope you don't mind us jabbering while we wait for more news and pics.

Hows the hatch going?

thumbsup.gif
,nice hatch,looks like you have a lot more goldens than browns,,my last hatch is 4 weeks old and I am getting hatching fever again,,,maybe someone will invent a pill to take,,watching a tiny quail trying so hard to push its way out of a shell I caught myself more than several times saying,,come on little guy,you can do it,,,try harder
lol.png

Quote:
they are Coturnix/ Japanese Quail. Yep , sorry to bum you out but alot of folks raise them for the freezer....
also for their eggs and for pets and ...uhhhh.. b/c they are "habit forming"...look at those little guys ... aren't they toooooo CUTE? even when you have to continually clean up after them ...lol
i raise mine for fun and eggs too i guess...
i'm a bird person . We used to have Finches,Cockatiels, Pionus , African Greys ,Budgies etc. But my DH has COPD and we cannot have birds in the house any more...this is my solution to that....
celebrate.gif

What happened, did the camera break.

I know when our kids were over here last time, daughter got to fooling around and dropped ours just before a hatch, I had to borrow one.

OH, I don't know I have my quail for meat and eggs, AND to enjoy them. I eat meat and pretty much only the meat I raise. I took one of the Breeder hens for a merry go round ride tonight. She would not get out of the sand box and would not move. SO I just turned the box around like a merry go round and she whisled wwwweeeeeeeee. Honest, she liked it. I got her egg too, while she was wistling wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee.

They settle in and start singing for you when they see you coming to tend to them. Its cool and soothing.
smile.png
And they are Pretty, even my Jumbo Browns, but especially my Manchurian Golds. My 73 in the grow out cage right now are starting to call and coo (well its not really a coo but its not yet singing either).

edited to add: I don't have any in my freezer. We are supposed to put them in a freezer? I only have chicken in my freezer and not much of that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom