It just makes me Sad... (puppy on CL)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bleenie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Lately I have been browsing Craigslist, just kinda looking at pets for adoption on there but so far havent seen any that really jumped out at me, until this morning...

I am a sucker for the "sickly ones" and there was a 9wk old Chihuahua Puppy listed for 'adoption' for $100...he was pretty cute, even though I am a big dog person. He also had Cheery Eye which the poster described as "not very bad" [​IMG]

Besides being seriously painful for the dog it can cause a lot of eye problems and this poor baby was only 9 weeks old with this problem!! I rescued a Chihuahua in the past with the same issue and she had to have surgery to remove it right away. the vet also told me that surgery is usually the best option for Cherry eye and they heal up very quickly that way, rather than courses of antibiotics.

Of course i e-mailed these people right away and asked if they would waive the fee if i took him to the vet right away and gave them proof of treatment and all that but i still havent gotten an e-mail back. I've mailed about 3 times so now i am just keeping my fingers crossed for an e-mail back saying YES.

it just makes me sad that people have animals like this and they still want money for them rather than someone that will take care of and love them. [​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] Don't hold your breath...it appears to be a money thing for them and the dog is not worth the treatment cost to them or they would have spent the $100 on treatment.

So very sad. [​IMG]

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:It is also possible that they cannot afford the treatment, and want to ensure that the puppy goes to a home that can and will.

4. manderzpants

manderzpants Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    plymouth
    well you could always alert your local spca about it, those ppl could get fined for being cruel to the dog.

5. my3chickens

my3chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    If people can't afford the proper medical care for their pets I don't know why they get them!! I hope they waive the fee for you, sounds like he would have a happy & healthy home with you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by