it really IS about the season

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
So, like always, DH didnt get me anything for Christmas. I even made a list in November and put it on the fridge. But I feel extremely lucky and blessed today. My turdy son is happy and healthy, DD is happily married and expecting mt first grandson in April, hubby has a wonderful job and I have my family and my goaties and chickens. I have a wonderful meal cooking, the house is warm and we are expecting snow later today. Even though my parents are out of town, and DD may not be able to make it for lunch due to the snow, I have a family. MY family. I love them all. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in gifts and such, we lose sight of the true meaning. Merry Christmas my BYC family. Happy Solstice, Happy Hanukkah, and whatever else you celebrate! Love to you all!!!

Merry Christmas to you too!
smiley6746.gif

What you have is what Christmas is really about. Family, friendships, gratefulness.
I read people talking about what they got for Christmas like is is a lotto. I don't get it.
Some people should remember to be nice, thoughtful and generous (with their soul, not pocket book) all year long, not just for one day.

Quote:
I agree with that 100%!! I just told my wife that very thing - last night, on the way home from her parents house. "Well that went as good as could be expected. Too bad, that by the end of next week - they'll be back to who they "really are" as people. I really hate going over there and being exposed to phony people. We go over there and they pretend that they live that way - all year long"

Back
Top Bottom