It`s getting hard to tell who is who

The Tinman

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Fairfield County CT
I have 17 Black Jersey Giants that are now 5 weeks old. When they were little it was easy to tell who was who by thier markings. Now as thier feathers grow in they are starting to look alike. Does anybody make colored leg band or something so I can ID them. I am going to have to give half of them away soon and I don`t want give away my favs by mistake. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I bought some little plastic colored bands at our local feed store. I have also seen them for sale on ebay.

I got the yellow poultry bands that have numbers on them from my feed store. I like them better because they unroll and are easier to put on my birds. With each one numbered, you know exactly who is who.

I know 2 of my TSC pullets. Miss Friendly (who isn't any more) and Miss Molly Mouth (who still is). The rest all kind of merge together. So we have MF, MMM, and the 6 who remain nameless. Of course to them I am the treat master.

The Sebright roos are another story. We have Laru and Big Bart. The hens??? No freaking idea. The same goes with the Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom